Thobela FM 60 Years
Thobela FM 60th birthday celebration
The broadcasting landscape is forever evolving. Consumer behavioural trends and consumption patterns continue to influence and shake marketing and content delivery drives across media platforms. For 60 years now we have been tried and tested, from the days of radio Bantu to Thobela FM, we remain vibrant, relevant and a proud ambassador of the Northern Sotho/Sepedi language.
Thobela FM is a caring brand that has over the years contributed immensely to human empowerment through vibrant marketing campaigns, informative content and entertainment. On air presenters are warm at heart, experienced, kind, Informative and are role models who keep the brand active and engaged.
We pride ourselves in being:
- The biggest and most listened to radio station in the Northern hemisphere (Limpopo)
- Recognised in the top 5 African language station (ALS) in the country.
- In the top 10 most loved and listened to brands in South Africa radio.
- Award winning radio station with seven (7) SA Radio Awards (MTN and Liberty) one of which was a “station of the year”.
- The station that acknowledges and encourages women empowerment with women in decision making positions (female programmes manager, female marketing manager, female acting marketing manager, female drama producer)
As the station turns 60, we want to reflect on our journey as a reputable, reliable, and a consistent radio station. We have transformed from being a state broadcaster to a public service channel that has empowered the society and also held government to account. We continue to strive to deliver news and programming that promotes for democratic principles and caters for markets that were previously disadvantaged.
Thobela FM Station Manager – Mr. Madikana Matjila “as we celebrate the station’s 60th birthday we will be taking listeners on time travel journey from 1960 to 2020 through music, informative content and we’ll also be giving away lucrative prizes whilst we continue to encourage listeners to stay at home during this pandemic of COVID-19”.
The station has thus far carried its celebrations from the beginning of the year and intends to carry with the celebration activities throughout the year - 2020.
Listeners must look forwards to exciting campaigns such as online talk show hosted by well-known comedians to spice-up the celebration. Cash prizes to easy listeners financial challenges during the lockdown and content that will keep listeners on their toes.
I would like to invite listeners to celebrate with the station and tune to Thobela FM 24/7, who knows? You might be one of the lucky listeners to walk away with the R6 000.00 in cash. #60ReFiša