Round 2 begins
Thobela FM Gospel star search Round 2. #ThobelaFMGospelStar
The Second round of the Thobela FM Gospel Star Search continues and like before the top finalists must record videos of themselves singing gospel music. The second round is sure to be more competitive and we wish all our finalist goodluck!!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By participating in this SABC/Thobela FM Gospel Star Search Finalists Competition, Each Finalist agrees to the following terms and conditions:
1. The following rounds of the Competition are open to only the Top Ten Selected Finalists by Thobela FM and eventually Top 5 Finalists selected by Thobela FM from the first Round of the Competition.
2. The deadline for the Top Ten Finalists to garner social media platform votes/likes is 21st May 2020
3. The deadline for the Top Five Finalists to garner chosen social media platform votes/likes is 11th June 2020
4. Each Finalist must upload on their chosen social media platform, a video of 30 seconds to 1 minute duration where they sing a Gospel song they composed themselves or a well-known-Gospel song. Finalists are encouraged to be creative with their chosen songs.
5. Videos of the all the Top Ten Finalists must be “new” videos not previously submitted before in relation to this Competition.
6. Finalists may only use one social media platform to upload their video, so choose wisely to garner genuine votes/likes.
7. Each Finalist in uploading the video must tag the Thobela FM on either one of our social media platforms(Instagram, twitter or Facebook) using the handle @ThobelaFMYaka or hashtag #ThobelaFMGospelStar.
8. Finalists may encourage their friends and followers on their chosen social media platform to vote for their video by liking and sharing/retweeting those videos for more likes.
9. No fake likes of the videos will be counted by Thobela FM and Finalists are discouraged from purchasing any likes as the Thobela FM will have the discretion to disqualify any Finalist who garnered fake likes.
10. No videos of miming Finalists will be accepted, such will be disqualified from the Competition.
11. From Top Ten Finalists round, the Top Five Finalists will be selected and then eventually the Top Three winners will be selected from the Top 5 Finalist through the likes/votes.
12. The Top Three Winners of the Competition will be announced by Thobela FM on 25th June 2020 on air as well as on its social media platforms; the Winners will also be informed individually before the announcement.
13. The Top Three Winners will each receive a prize in the form of a laptop valued at R 8 000.00 (Eight Thousand Rand). Amongst the Top Three Winners, the number One Winner (the winner with the most votes/likes out of the Top Three Winners) will also receive an opportunity to be interviewed by Thobela FM. No other alternative is available on the prizes.
14. The prizes are therefore non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on behalf of the winner.
15. In the event of any Winner deciding not to accept the aforesaid prize or if a prize is not claimed within 15 business days of a winner being notified that they have won a prize from the Competition, then Thobela FM reserves the right to, at their sole discretion, choose another Winner from the 10 Finalists.
16. Once a video is selected as one of the Top Ten videos and/or Top Five videos and/or later Top Three videos , the Finalists permit the SABC to broadcast the video on Thobela FM and/or different SABC platforms.
17. Thobela FM will only broadcast the Finalists and/or Winners videos as based on their authenticity, uniqueness, originality and the quality or usability of the submissions for broadcast. Each Finalist therefore grants the SABC a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license in their entry, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivate works from, edit, alter, store, re-format, and sub-license the video submitted for broadcast purposes.
18. Thobela FM will endeavour to notify the Winners on or around the 09th July 2020 If the Winner does not respond to Thobela FM’s notification by 30th July 2020, Thobela FM reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
19. Notwithstanding anything in these Terms and Conditions, the SABC reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to: a) reject any video; b) amend any of the competition terms and conditions without prior notice; c) block participants on SABC digital media platforms if the SABC finds their submission offensive, obscene or not in line with the goals of this competition or SABC broadcast policies.
20. In the event of any dispute regarding these Terms and Conditions and/or the results thereof and all other matters relating to the Competition, the decision of Thobela FM shall be final and no correspondence or discussions shall be entertained by Thobela FM.
21. Thobela FM nor any of its contractors and employees will therefore not be liable for the payment of any royalties or any fees for publishing, reproducing, transmitting and broadcasting the submitted videos. Each Finalist therefore agrees to release, defend, and hold harmless the SABC in publishing, reproducing, transmitting and broadcasting their videos in whole or in part, including, but not limited to paper, broadcast, videotape, or via electronic/online media, from any claim, damages, or liability arising from or related to the use of the video, by the Finalist or any third party.
22. Thobela FM does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liability injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any Finalist in connection with their participation in this Competition. Thobela FM further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to any Finalist’s or any other person’s device relating to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material in connection with the Competition.
23. Thobela FM shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations in terms of this Competition where such failure is caused by something outside its control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, pandemics, outbreaks, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
24. Each Finalist agrees to Thobela FM making any and all entries available for this Competition in the SABC’s publications and/or on its websites and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future.
25. If one or more conditions of these Terms and Conditions are void and/or invalid, this will not affect the validity of the remaining Terms and Conditions and/or any other specific terms for the contest.
26. By entering into this Finalists Rounds of the Competition, Finalists confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and by the decisions of the SABC/Thobela FM, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition. Any breach of these terms and conditions will result in the disqualification from the Competition or the forfeiture of the prize. No correspondence will be entered into.